Debt & Equity Financing
With our fingers on the pulse of the national and global capital markets, we can move quickly to secure both debt and equity financing under the most advantageous terms, even in challenging financial markets.
Savills Studley's extensive lenders database combined with the relationships we have nurtured with lenders over time, places us in the best position to serve our clients’ debt and equity financing needs. We are skilled at brokering innovative real estate loans and debt structures.
Our experience and relationships, augmented by our reputation for excellence in underwriting and pre-marketing due diligence, gives us direct access to senior executive decision-makers and the ability to negotiate preferential financing terms for our clients.
Our debt placement covers a variety of financing and loan types including:
- Fixed and floating rate financing
- Bridge loans
- Construction and construction mini-perms
- High loan-to-value debt integrating first and mezzanine positions and B notes
- Structured financings involving conventional first mortgage debt plus participating debt or preferred equity
- Earn out loans
- Land loans
- Infrastructure development loans
- Repositioning loans
- Condo conversion loans
- Specialized asset loans, such as hotel, medical office, nursing and senior housing loans
Our experience and expertise extends to equity, mezzanine and highly structured forms of finance. Our creativity with respect to financial engineering and access to key decision-makers is unsurpassed. Some features of how we handle hybrid debt for our clients include:
- Structuring a finance package that maximizes profitability and establishes credible levels of return at each tier of the capital structure.
- Closely monitoring market shifts for this form of capital and develop strategies to maximize benefits and minimize disadvantages that may result from such shifts and changes.
We add value to our hybrid debt approach by:
- Playing a proactive role in designing a complete capital plan for an asset or development project.
- Applying our knowledge of various structures employed by different capital providers.
- Providing clients with sophisticated alternative proposals.
- Playing an active ongoing role in the negotiation of loan and venture documents throughout due diligence and closing.