The project resulted in a lease agreement for the consolidation of Exelon’s three downtown locations into 255,000 square feet in the high-rise portion of Chase Tower. Throughout the process, the Studley team provided guidance to the Exelon team consisting of the chief executive officer, the president, the chief administrative officer of Commonwealth Edison, the director of real estate and the real estate portfolio manager. Studley’s recommendations yielded significant cost savings, and the newly developed space achieved the highest level LEED certification, platinum, becoming the world’s largest platinum certified commercial interior.
Some of the environmental benefits of the space include:
- 43% reduction in electricity consumed
- Recycling or salvaging of 75% of construction waste
- Re-use of 31% of resources
- Optimized use of natural resources
- Improved work environment for all employees
- Minimal const premium for installation and savings when considering re-use
Shortly thereafter, Studley assisted Exelon in the expansion of a contiguous floor which became available unexpectedly. The terms negotiated were 20% lower than the lowest competing property.